The sky is the limit when it comes to making nail art projects, and you can always find lots of ideas out there to create amazing nail art at home. Unquestionably, this particular DIY water marble nail art might take you a few tries before you can perfect this, but the minute you get it right, you’ll perhaps never even think about heading down to the expert nail salon again.
Here’s what you need:
- Small bowl or disposable paper cup
- Nail Polish (2 contrasting colors)
- Clear Nail Polish
- Petroleum jelly
- Put some water into the bowl or paper cup
- Put a small drop of the two nail polish colors to the water. Put the dark color first, then the lighter color right into the middle of the dark drop. Then the dark into the light and so on for about 8-10 repetitions, letting the polish to disperse over the water’s surface each time.
- You can then use the toothpick to manipulate the colors to make a pattern that creates a marble effect.
- Put a thin coating of petroleum jelly to the skin around your nail as a way to keep the polish from sticking to your skin.
- Apply clear or light-colored nail polish to your nails and let them dry thoroughly before moving forward.
- Dip your nail into the patterned liquid to be able to transport the marble pattern from the water’s surface.
- Get rid of the unnecessary polish by removing the Petroleum jelly.
- Apply your favorite top coat.
- Viola! You’re done.